- Dish out the “treats” – This is the perfect opportunity to prepare a special meal for your pooch. Keep it healthy by combining their favorite foods with some flavorful fruits and vegetables or natural dog treats.
- Head to the dog park – There are few better places to find other dog owners spending time with their furry BFFs. Mix and mingle and have your dog play with other dogs. Simple social interaction can be important for the development of your dog, not to mention a great deal of fun.
- Find a special “doggy” event – Summer is full of events where you can take your dog. In fact, around this time of year, some baseball parks have “Bark in the Park” events, when baseball fans can bring their pets to the game.
- Give him/her new dog toys or fashion accessories – Change your tail-wagger’s look, or give her a shiny new accessory to show off. Buy a new one and watch your pet have a blast.
- Get wet – It can be as simple as taking a walk on the beach or along the edge of a lake or fill up the kiddie pool and have a splash in the back yard.
Keep it special – No one knows your dog better than you. You probably know what he or she loves even more than they do. The most important thing is that you make the day extra special. After all, it is Spoil Your Dog Day.